Phone Line Monitoring
Price- Phone Line Monitoring is typically the lowest cost monitoring rate in the industry
Phased Out- POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) are on the way out. AT&T and Verizon have pledge Billions of dollars to Sunset the old copper phone lines
VOIP Reliability- Using Comcast and Verizon for Voice over IP phone lines works the majority of the time; however with internet reliability still not strong, there is always a chance for your home becoming unprotected for a period of time when your provider is down
Physical Lines- Phone lines, whether VOIP or POTS typically have exposure on the exterior of your home. This leaves your home very vulnerable, as cutting your cable and/or phone line can cause your alarm system to no longer communicate with the monitoring center
Speed- High speed communication between your Alarm System and the Monitoring Center
Interactive Options- With GSM/Cellular Monitoring, your alarm can now be controlled remotely via smart phones, tablets and computers. E-Mail and Text notifications are also available
Reliability- Cellular towers are much more reliable than land lines. If a cellular tower was to go down, the cellular radio will be pulling signal from the next closest tower
Cellular Coverage- GSM/Cellular radios require cell signal to properly communicate with the monitoring center. Innovative Security uses cell coverage maps to identify the strongest cellular provider and installs the appropriate radio
Winner by Unanimous Decision: GSM/Cellular Monitoring
Contact Innovative Security today for more information on GSM/Cellular monitoring with a new or existing security system
How to Test Your System
Testing your system takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Follow the steps below to be sure your system is working properly.
1- Call your Central Station Monitoring Center
2- Provide your Central Station with your account information
3- Place your security system on "Test" for one hour
4- Set your Alarm in the "Away" mode and wait 60 seconds until your system is armed
5- Open a window/door contact to allow the alarm system go off
6- Allow your alarm to go off for a minimum of 60 seconds to ensure the signal is sent to Central Station
7- Contact your Central Station Monitoring Center and ask them to provide you with Test Results
9- Verify signals and "Clear Test" with your Monitoring Center
Testing your system at minimum once a month is recommended. Other tests include:
- Turn your Chime on and open Windows/Doors to make sure they Chime
- Check all Window/Door contacts to verify that they are adhered and properly secured
- Check Motion Detectors/Glassbreak Detectors to verify they are clean and dust-free
If you have any questions at all in regards to testing your security system, please contact Innovative Security at 866-783-1963.
Video Verification will help solve this issue. Motion Detectors with built-in cameras respond back to our Monitoring Center for video verification. When motion detector trips, video clip shows on monitoring center to identify what is going on. Video Verification aids the Police in knowing if there is an intruder on premise.
According to FBI Statistics a Burglary Occurs every 13 seconds in the United States. It is our job as a security integrator to not only prevent burglaries but to lower these numbers. Here is a look behind the numbers and insight on why they occur:
The percentage of burglaries that are residential in the United States.
Burglars opt for a "Smash and Grab" to be in and out before alarm systems trigger and Police are dispatched. Jewelry, Electronics and Petty Cash are the primary targets in "Smash and Grab" burglaries.
There are several options to reduce the risk of "Smash and Grabs" at your property.
1. Sirens- 75% of deterred burglaries can be credited to an audible alarm. Sirens and Strobes are crucial components when deterring a burglar to pursue the "Smash and Grab"
2. Signs/Stickers- 60% of burglars say they would seek an alternative target if a property is secured with an alarm system. Displaying signs and stickers showing the public your property is secured is a great way to prevent burglaries from the start.
3. Alarm Present- 80% of burglars say they would first determine if a property was alarmed before attempting to break in. This follows Tip #2 in displaying proudly that your property is secured by a monitoring company.
Homes without an alarm system are 300% more likely to be victim of a burglary.
Only 17% of residential homes in the United States currently have a Burglar Alarm System. With the majority of the public not currently being secured by a monitored alarm system, burglars have substantial time to search the premise and find items of consequence without being disturbed.
Residential Burglaries can be prevented several ways:
1. Alarm System- There is a common misconception that we hear in the security industry on an everyday basis: "I have a big dog who protects my house" or "Smith and Wesson protect my home". Unfortunately neither of the two is a real security blanket for a home as both are easily defeated. Dogs are typically distracted fairly easily or let loose by an intruder to bypass.
Firearms, while great for personal protection, are unfortunately are not an antiquate source of protection for your valuables while you are not home. In fact 60% of burglaries occur during the day when the 9-5 person is at work. Installing an alarm system can aid in the quick deterrent of a burglar with use of sirens and strobes, as well as dispatching police to inspect the premise.
2. Door Locks- 30% of burglaries occur through an unlocked window or door. This is a very easy entry for a burglar and they can get in and out with no disruption. Checking all windows and doors before leaving the property is a great way to secure your home.
3. Lights- Burglars tend to break into windows or doors in discreet locations. They prefer dark areas and larges bushes to stay out of sight from neighbors. Installing motion lighting around the perimeter of a home helps reduce the dark areas burglars prefer.
The discount a typical Homeowners Insurance Company provides for a monitored alarm system.
There is a reason behind Homeowners Insurance Companies providing homeowners with discounts up to 20% on their policies for monitored alarm systems. The statistics do not lie, and insurance claims for burglaries result in more than $3.1 billion per year! Homeowners Insurance Companies want to reduce that number significantly and to do that, they provide their customers with these discounts.
Contact your insurance agent today to find out if you qualify for this discount.
Contact Innovative Security today to prevent thieves from scrapping or stealing your air conditioner units. Innovative Security uses the Copper Cop to monitor the air pressure in the copper lines. As pressure changes the Copper Cop triggers the customer's alarm system which can dispatch Police. The Copper Cop is a crucial development in stopping metal scrappers in their tracks!
Contact Innovative Security today for a free quote to protect not only your home or office but also your Air Conditioners!
Innovative Security provides Alarm.com services to turn your home into a "Smart Home". Contact us today for details!